Jul 8, 2008

ROUND #1 - Spring 2008 CLICK ON ANY DARE TO VIEW I dare you to sell your soul on Ebay. I dare you to make me laugh. !!! I dare you to make a stuffed version, from felt and only felt, of your spirit animal and depict it dying due to a flood. I dare you to take all the kitchen knives you can find, (buy them from a dollar/pound shop if you must) and hand them out to random people on the street. Don't say a word, just stand there, handing out large, sharp knives. I dare you to write an anonymous seven-sentence confession and print it onto seven posters and put those posters up at seven bus stops and leave space on the posters for seven comments and then document the results after seven days. I dare you to make your earliest childhood memory a tangible experience for another. !!! I dare you to enter the ATM section of a bank after hours and, in the open space, perform and document a two-minute dance piece, playing for the security camera as your audience. Try to get access to the tape afterwards by talking to security. I dare you to make a puppet with your hand (the kind where you make a fist and your middle thumb becomes the mouth and you'd draw the eyes on the side of your pointer finger) and go to a bar... [more] I dare you to brush a stranger's teeth. !!! I dare you to show up to an exhibition opening at a prominent art gallery, either provincial, university or parallel, with measuring tape and notepad/clipboard/paper... [more] I dare you to completely read and digest (through oral consumption, of course) any reading material (of at least 20 pages) by Greenberg... [more] I dare you to spend an entire 24 hours drawing... [more] I dare you to write a submission (artist statement and/or a proposal, along with all the accompanying documentation) in sonnet form (or with some kind of rhyming scheme so that's easily sung)... [more] I dare you to save the world. !!! !!! = DARE COMPLETED